now no one freek out too quickly. I am not going to write here why the book of mormon is an evil book or why I have rejected the book of mormon.
yesterday i had some time and started to read it. I have been plaining to read this for several years but never really got around to it. yesterday i actually got around to it. and I have some question from the first four chapters of nephi, things that stood out to me.
1. Nephi 1:1 why does Nephi take the time to give a resime? none of the prophets in the oldtestement nor the apostels ever tell people why they should be listened to, rather they just say God told me this or even less. Paul gave his list of recomends once but only to say that it was completely worthless.
2. Nephi 1:10, why does it use firmiment?
3. Nephi 1:4, Nephi menchens phrophets but he does not tell us their names, if his father was a prophet during the reign of Zedikiah his contemperaries would have been Jerimiah and Ezekiel. Jerimiah and Ezekiel make breif reference to eachother. why does Nephi not make reference to them or why don't they make reference to Lehi?
4 Nephi 2:7, why does Lehi make a sacrifice to God? according to the Law only those of the line of Levi could make sacrifices, and the only place that sacrifices could be made was where the ark of the covenent was which was God's presents on earth. which is why the jews do not offer sacrifices today.
5. Nephi 2, this journey that Nephi's family took to the red sea sounds like a weekend trip, the red sea is a long way from jerusalem.
6. Nephi 1-5 why does ever verse start with a conjunction?
I am not trying to bash the book I just wrote down some questions i had as i was reading.