Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Song

Today I was listening to Ft. Thomas of Anceint Faith Radio, and I stared to think about ways my understanding of my faith has changed over the years. I grew up in the Weslyan Church and it wasn't that long ago I decided not to continue to pursue ordination. Now I am attending an Anglican Church participating in liturgical practices of the ancient church.

It is a strange change not the most extreme change I haven't become part of the Eastern Orthdox Church, or part of the Roman Catholic Church. But it is still. A change from a evangelical protestant church to a high liturgical anceint church. How did this happen? I'm sure there are many who have known me wonder the answer to that question.

The answer is very complicated. I'm not sure I even know all the pieces that have led me to finding myself in a high liturgical church. And the is no way I could answer this question in a singel blog post, but I think maybe it is time to start thinking and blogging about this so from here till I think I have explored the subject fully I will post on this on Wednesdays. We will call this series My Jurney.

My hope is that this series will help me articulate the reasons why I am now in a high liturgical church and that it might be informative.

Starting PointRespect for the Roman Catholic ChurchUnderstanding the Map with MormonismHistorysome definitionsChapel Services at Bethany Bible College (or Kingswood University)exploring transubstantiationexperiencing lentStudent Ministry at Rivervalley WesleyanSurinamefreedomLessons from VBS- The Fruit of the Spirit

No comments: