Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Out of the Note Book

I know I said I was going to talk about my what is coming from my art desk but right now I think I need to work on my writing and so this post is a mixture of an update on my writing and of me thinking though how to get to my goals for the year. My goal is that next January I will be looking for an agent. I have three pieces that I have been working on that I think I can finish if I work hard enough on them. Writing goals for this year. I want to get my three pieces done this year. Here is my to do list:


Book one: Alchemist Daughter
Write first draft,
Send off to Alpha readers
write second Draft
Send off to beta readers
Writer third Draft
Last send to readers
Final draft


Book two: Ashes and Snow-
Finish act 2 write
outline Act 3
write act 3
write first draft
send to Alpha readers
write second draft
send to Beta readers
write third Draft
last group of writers
final draft

Book three: Rescue-
Finish act 1
outline act 2
write act 2
outline act 3
write act 3
write first draft
send to alpha readers
write second draft
send to beta readers
write third draft
last send out
final draft.


Quick note the pictures are Images that I found to kind of give an feel for the story. If I was a better and quicker artist I would draw my own cover art any way.

I know that I can write 50,000 words in a month when I put my nose to the grind stone, and last November I did still have a life. So is it possible for me to write ~25,000 words a month? This of course would be about 300,000 words for the year. that is a lot of words. not as many as Scott Sigler is planing on writing this year (his goal is 1,000,000 words this year!), but he gets to be a full time writer. Now that works in one sense but I am wanting to do a lot of editing... and that is hard to judge by word count becomes sometimes during a successful editing session can leave you with less words then you started with. But I think I figured out during Nano that I could write about 1,000 words in an hour, so maybe I should just make it a goal of 25,000 words or 25 hours of editing or any mixture of the two which will add up to 25,000 words or 25 hours. Amy? Darcy? Liz? What do you think does that equivalent work? Oh and this doesn't count a project for Nanowrimo. I don't know am I crazy? eh let's see what happens come December. Okay thanks for hanging on though this long rambling post. I did the math and if I was to write or edit every day it would be 822 words a day or .822 hours a day. even though the year has already started I still think that would be less then 1,000 words or less then an hour of editing every day. crazy.




No comments: