Monday, April 01, 2013

In Honor of Carl Robert Cole

Today was suposed to be the start of the A-Z challenge, and I still am planning on taking part in that but I think this is more important at the moment.

Saturday, March 30 2013 we laid to rest our Patriarch Carl Robert Cole, my Grandfather. he was 86 years old. he leaves behind his wife of 64 years, 10 children and their spouses,  37 grandchildren (9 of whom are married), and 21 great-grandchildren.

Needless to say it has been an emotional week filled with tears and surprising enough laughter. My grandfather was a good man and was loved by many. it was a moving service as we remembered his life, what he meant to us and his legacy.

My grandfather was many things, a WWII vet, a returned missionary, a temple worker, a hard worker, husband, father, teacher, and Musician. He left us a legacy of Hard work, service, education, love, service, and music.

I can talk about the many memories I have. memories of when he came up to help my dad build our house. when he and my grandmother came up to help my mom when she had the twins. but all of them add up to this single truth, I loved him and I will miss him. I count myself lucky to have had him as my grandfather. I am so glad I was able to make it down to the funeral to morn and reminisce with my family during this period.

And I simply want to end today's post with the Prayer of Simon which I had stuck in my head all weekend:

Lord you have sent your servent free
To go in peace as you have promised
For these eyes of mine have seen the savior
You have promised for all the world to see
A light to enlighten the nations
And the Glory of your people Israel

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now and will be forever Amen

1 comment:

Angie said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for sharing the prayer of Simon. It is beautiful.