Tuesday, November 01, 2011

On The Needles 4

Well, when I first sat down to talk about this month's knitting i didn't think there was going to be a lot to share. but I made a trip to the knitting store, so there are somethings to share.

Lisa and I went out to explore the knitting stores of Lexington and this is what we came back with. ReBella was nice and small but the help was not very helpful. I don't know if She figured we knew what we were looking for or if she just didn't want to be bothered. Stitch Nitch on the other hand was big and felt a lot like a used book store with stuff everywhere. the ladies were amazingly helpful. 

So a Break down of the yarn i bought. the first two on the left are super wash Merino and I am hoping to make some socks from them for my sisters. the next one is recycled cotton which I am using to make a BYOB bag to use for transporting recyclables and or groceries. Next is a tweed Sport weight which i hope to make a gift out of for Nikki. and Last but not least my un-dyed Alpaca. oh I love love love this yarn it is so soft and amazing. I found it at the store and couldn't stop petting it. I can't wait to cast on the cowl I plan to make with it. 

Finished progects: I got a dish cloth made for Lucia's wedding present. 

On the needles: well my Cinderella socks are almost done I had hoped to be able to share them today All I have left are the cuff. I re cast on my blanket with yarn that my mom gave me years ago. and my BYOB bag is cast on. 

Future projects: Nikki's Christmas gift. a doll for Dottie, a bear for Rocken, an Elephante for Hannah, Maybe Christmas gifts for my parents, two baby hats, 4 dish cloths, and Greg wants me to make him a pair of socks. 

No comments: