Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pre-Nano 2011-1

Today we have 18 days left before Nanowrimo starts. It is crazy that it is so close, I was still thinking that October had just started, and then I saw a post on facebook from my cousin and realized that holy chap i was going to do massive amounts of pre-work and well opps I haven't hardly started. So that has to get fixed this week.

I have just gone on to the site and it looks like a lot of things are changing at the website, so if you were one of my writing buddies from the past or would like to be my writing buddy this year I am Gloria.Cole. what can I say the first time I logged in I was tired of trying to come up with funny cool online names.

I am very excited about this year. this will be the first year when I am not at school. So no nasty little papers getting in the way of my real writing, no wedding planing to gum up the works. (seriously what was i thinking last year?) No slow internet, and a very limited social calender.

This year I am once again reanimating an idea that I had in the past and did some work on. it is curently called The Alchemist's Daughter. I have two protagonists Wren and Brook. It takes place in a western style fantasy world about 10 years after a massive civil war between the Civilized East, and the Wild Range. Brook despite her young age was a general (of sorts) in the Range army, because she is an Alchemist. It also includes Strange Zombee like creatures, a Ciborg/golem, the power and devistation of a Nucular bomb, and a Philosopher's Stone.

Hope that sounds interesting, and I hope to see you all on those brief moments that I come behind the massive piles of coffee cups, and glaring computer screen.

Are you going to join the fun? if so what are you ideas so far for your novel?

No comments: